Are your Chakras balanced?
We can use meditation practice as a way to check in with ourselves and better direct our energy.
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are points where the energetic and physical bodies meet. Imagine chakras like wheels constantly in motion. If these wheels are “stuck,” energy cannot move and we may feel unbalanced. Located in the subtle body, there are hundreds of chakras, although the primary seven from the Muladhara system are where the most focus is given.
These main seven chakras are:
Root – base of spine – Muladhara – red
Sacral – below the naval – Svadisthana – orange
Solar Plexus – above navel – Manipura — yellow
Heart – heart, center of chest – Anahata — green
Throat – throat – Visuddha —blue
3rd eye — at forehead between the eyes — Ajna — indigo
Crown— top of head — Sahasrara — violet
If you want to see a change in the outer reality you experience, it always starts inside. Understanding your chakras and how to balance your energy is a great way to check in with your inner world on a daily basis.
1. Root Chakra
Located at the base of the spine, the root chakra is all about being grounded, feeling safe, and connected to the universe.
Signs of a balanced root chakra include feeling grounded and having healthy kidneys and adrenals. We all need food, shelter, protection, and a sense of safety in our environment to keep the root chakra healthy.
If you’re feeling unsafe or a sense of lack in your surroundings, try a combination of these techniques to balance your root chakra:
• Apply myrrh or cedarwood essential oils to your wrists or lower back before going to sleep.
• Cook with cloves and marjoram.
• Meditate with the Bija mantra "Lam"
• Ground your energy by earthing ( connecting to the earths energy by walking barefoot)
Located just below the belly button, the sacral chakra is related to intimacy, pleasure, emotions, and self-expression.
Signs of a balanced sacral chakra include healthy reproductive organs, lymphatic system, and metabolism. Other signs of sacral chakra health include feeling pleasure, creativity, abundance, joy, and well-being. It is thought that this chakra is closely related to basic emotions, so the more you are in touch with this chakra, the more you are in touch with your emotions.
• Apply jasmine or ylang ylang essential oils first thing in the morning or at night.
• Eat nuts, seeds, and orange-colored foods to focus your intention to balance this center.
• Meditate with the Bija mantra Vam.
• Get hydrated. Drinking water or being in water can help clear stuck emotions.
3.Solar Plexus Chakra
Located above the navel, the solar plexus chakra is related to personal power, fight or flight response, and societal relationships like jobs, families, and significant others.
Signs of a balanced navel chakra include a healthy digestive system and adrenal glands. You'll also feel comfortable with your own inherent power, have a sense of who you are, and a connection with your purpose, which gives you a deeper understanding of how you as an individual can contribute to the collective in a beneficial way.
• Apply rosemary, ginger, or lemon essential oils to your wrist.
• Drink herbal, preferably decaffeinated, tea with lemon and ginger.
• Meditate with the Bija mantra Ram.
• Learn to trust your instincts, gut feelings, and intuition.
• Forgive yourself and others for any beliefs or judgments that are keeping you out of communion.
Located in the chest, the heart chakra relates to love, beauty, and compassion.
Because it is between the lower and upper chakras, the heart energy center is said to bridge earthly and spiritual aspirations. Signs of a balanced chakra include a healthy heart, immune system, endocrine system, and circulation. This chakra is incredibly sensitive to stress.
• Apply rose, bergamot, or thyme essential oils before starting your day to activate this chakra.
• Meditate to the Bija mantra Yam.
• Cultivate an appreciation for beauty.
• Place your hand on your heart and focus on the feeling of gratitude as you breathe deeper and slower than usual. This will activate your hearts intelligence and signal your body/mind that you are in a safe space.
Located in the throat, this chakra is about communication and truth.
Signs of a balanced chakra include healthy lungs, respiratory systems, and thyroid. When the throat chakra is in balance, we speak, listen, and express ourselves openly and authentically. When out of balance, we ignore our inner voice, feel afraid of expressing ourselves, or have trouble listening to others. A blocked throat chakra can also cause thyroid issues, a sore throat, or shoulder pain.
• Apply eucalyptus essential oil at bedtime.
• Meditate with the Bija mantra Ham.
• Repeat positive affirmations.
• Quiet the mind with meditation.
6.Third Eye Chakra
Located between the eyebrows, this chakra is related to your worldview, intuition, mental abilities, psychological skills, and how beliefs and attitudes are evaluated.
Signs of a balanced sixth chakra include strong eyes, healthy brain functioning, and an in-tune intuition. In addition, this chakra is closely related to the pineal gland, which secretes melatonin and contributes to restful sleep. A balanced sixth chakra is having a spiritual awareness of movement and change, knowing that there is an appropriate time for endings as well as beginnings. It is having the ability to release old thought patterns and embrace the new.
• Apply clary sage, or jasmine essential oils to activate the chakra.
• Cook with bay leaves and mint.
• Meditate with the mantra Om.
• Decalcify your pineal gland with fluoride-free products such as toothpaste/water, a vitamin D supplement, or plenty of sunlight.
Located in the crown of the head, this chakra is about a connection to the spiritual through higher states of consciousness.
Signs of a balanced crown chakra include a general blissful feeling, healthy central nervous system, open-mindedness, a feeling of unity, feeling beyond limitations, and spiritual ecstasy. This chakra allows access to the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom.
• Realigning this chakra is best done through meditation.
• Apply sandalwood or lotus essential oils to activate this chakra.
• Use stones such as Selenite, Clear Quartz, Amethyst, and Diamond.
With love, Michelle.